Website Rwanda Medical Supply Ltd
Accountant AT Rwanda Medical Supply Ltd
Job advertisement for short term vacant positions in Rwanda Medical Supply Limited (RMS Ltd)
RMS Ltd is a State-owned company created by the Government of Rwanda with the mandate of managing the end-to-end health supply chain for Rwanda. RMS Ltd provides pharmaceuticals and health commodities towards 5 rights: the right patient, the right drug/dose, the right cost, the right route, and the right time. The vision of RMS Ltd is to ensure quality and timely availability of all health commodities to the public through a cost-efficient, sustainable and effective supply chain. Drugs will be available throughout the country through an economical and financially sustainable supply chain that can meet current and future need and manage increasing complexity, RMS Ltd is looking for qualified, dedicated & experienced individuals to fill the following position:
Recruitment for the position of Accountant
Rwanda Medical Supply (RMS) Ltd is a large-scale parastatal corporation created by the Government of Rwanda with the mandate of managing the end-to-end health supply chain. The vision of RMS Ltd is to ensure the quality and timely availability of all health commodities to the public through a cost-efficient, sustainable, and effective supply chain. Drugs will be available throughout the country by building an economical and financially sustainable supply chain that can meet current and future needs and manage increasing complexity. In an implementation, RMS collaborates with different stakeholders/partners including the Ministry of Health and health facilities, development partners, manufacturers, local and international suppliers, etc…
RMS Ltd is looking for a qualified, dedicated & experienced individual to fill the position of Accountant.
Tasks and responsibilities:
S/He will be responsible for supporting RMS payment processes and financial management operations for all donor-funded projects, including the TRMS project.
S/he has principal responsibilities to:
- Assisting the Finance Specialist with daily financial aspects of RMS, TRMS project, and all other donor-funded activities.
- Complying with all financial legislation, regulations, guidelines, and procedures.
- Prepare payment vouchers
- Recording of expenditures per RMS finance accounting procedures.
- Support the team in tax declaration and reconciliation activities
- Drafting periodic TRMS and other donor-funded projects’ financial reports.
- Assisting in providing documentation for external & internal auditors and other stakeholders.
- Drafting and monitoring budget execution then informing on any significant trends/variance.
- Keeping abreast on financial management aspects and current trends& practice
- Perform any other tasks as requested by supervisor
Qualifications and Skills:
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration. Holding a professional certificate (ACCA, CIMA, and CPA) or being registered to a professional training program such as ACCA, CIMA, and CPA is added advantage.
Knowledge and technical skills required
- High analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Decision-making skills;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Very effective organization skills;
- Team working skills;
- Computer skills (advanced excel, word, PowerPoint, SAGE, and ERP)
Documents to be submitted:
- Scanned copies of academic degrees
- Identity card (only Rwandans are eligible to apply)
- A professional certificate (ACCA, CIMA, and CPA) or proof of registration to a professional training program such as ACCA, CIMA, and CPA
- Updated CV highlighting previous experiences with at least contacts of 2 previous supervisors
- A motivation letter
Job application procedure
Interested candidates shall send their documents in one PDF file properly named with the applicant’s name.
All applications are to be addressed to the Chief Executive Officer of Rwanda Medical Supply Ltd through the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Accountant”.
Deadline for application: Wednesday, 22nd March, 2023 at 5:00 pm Kigali Time.
- The successful candidate will sign a contract up to 31 October 2023 renewable upon good performance and availability of funds.
- Only Candidates with the right qualifications and relevant experience shall be shortlisted and contacted.
- Incomplete applications shall be rejected.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com