Website Rwanda Development Organization(RDO)
Project Coordinator (RDO) FOR Rwanda Development Organization(RDO)
Job title : RDO Project coordinator
to support implmentation of WFP SMART/SAPMP
In alignment with existing FtMA, WFP/SAMS has been implementing both Sustainable Market alliance and Asset Creation for Resilient Communities and Gender Transformation (SMART) 2020-2023 and Sustainable Agricultural Productivity and Market Linkage Project (SAPMP) 2020-2024. While SAPMP supports 12 cooperatives in 7 project sites from the previous Rural Community Support Project (RCSP), the SMART project targets the most vulnerable farmers in selected sectors in karongi, Rutsiro, Nyamagabe, Nyaruguru, and Kayonza district where asset creation/food assistance for assets (FFA) are delivered. The project outcomes and planned activities are aligned with existing FtMA to sustainably improve smallholder farmer incomes and resilience with advanced capacities and to develop commercial opportunities for all groups along the value chain. Also, project finance will be channelled through existing FtMA projects/support to RDO. On the other hand, since SMART and SAPMP both are funded by Korea International Cooperation Agency (KOICA), these projects require close monitoring and implementation for specific project beneficiaries.
- Duties and responsibilities
The Project coordinator SAPMP/SMART is responsible for
- Acting as the focal point for SMART/SAPMP, in close consultation with the WFP and RDO FtMA program manager;
- Providing technical support and assistant in the implementation of SMART and SAPMP;
- Drafting and managing site-specific work plans, taking into account the profile of beneficiaries;
- Coordinating and communicating with local partners and SHFs to implement activities;
- Supporting in data collection and status and performance monitoring to ensure accurate, timely recording of data within project reporting framework;
- Liaising with other partners (Good Neighbors International, Duhamic -ADRI) to jointly implement SMART project activities;
- Conducting regular field visist to ensure implementation progress;
- Reporting trends/issues ensuring deliverables on a regular basis to WFP;
The project coordinator supporting the implementation of SMART/SAPMP will be closely working with WFP Programme Policy Officer, who mainly manages the funded projects in WFP/SAMS (Smallholder Agriculture Market Support) Unit to implement planned activities in the fields and support monitoring. In RDO, the internal reporting line will be the FtMA program manager.
This position requires an individual with experience in working with smallholder farmers and small and medium enterprise (SME) development. Particular focus on the agriculture value chains is required, with extensive experience working with capacity building. Also, at least five years of post-graduate, progressively responsible experience in agricultural sectors and a university degree in Agriculture, Rural Development and Agribusiness.
4.Eligibility and how to apply
This position is open to Rwandan National only and all candidates are required to send their application at RDO Office Kicukiro by 15th March 2023
To apply for this job please visit www.jobinrwanda.com.