Website Youth Development Labs
PROJECT INTERN AT Youth Development Labs
YLabs is a leading global design and research organization working to improve health and economic opportunity for young people 10–24 years old. Founded in 2016 at the Harvard Innovation Lab, YLabs has worked in Sub-Saharan Africa, South Asia, and Central America in partnership with young people to design health programming to address key challenges in sexual reproductive health, HIV/AIDS, and mental health. Find out more about our projects here: https://www.ylabsglobal.org/work
Our team of physicians, designers, economists, developers, public health professionals, and educators bring a unique mix of human-centered design, adolescent health, economic and health outcome evaluation, behavioral science, and implementation know-how to the global problems facing youth.
YLabs is committed to building teams and policies that promote equity, justice, and belonging at work. We strongly encourage applicants from all cultures, races, educational backgrounds, socio-economic classes, sexual orientations, age, gender, and physical abilities to apply. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, familial status, marital status, caregiver status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
YLabs is seeking a full-time intern for six months to support the coordination of a nationwide research study. YLabs collects a wide range of data through mixed-methods approaches, including digital data collection, and seeks to recruit an enthusiastic and dependable project intern. This role is to be based in Kigali, Rwanda, and will report directly to the Senior Research Manager. There is potential for this internship to evolve into a permanent position.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- With the Senior Research Manager, support the planning and implementation of data collection systems.
- Assist in project work planning helping to ensure that the pre-established scope of work, study protocol, and regulatory requirements are followed.
- Support the coordination of a team of research assistants helping to ensure their work is of high quality.
- Ensure the smooth and efficient day-to-day operation of research and data collection activities.
- Assist in any other tasks related to the delivery of the project at hand.
- 1-3 years of work experience, preferably with NGOs or INGOs in the fields of public health or international development.
- Bachelors’ degree in Project Management, Administration, Computer Science, Information Management, Economics, public health and/or any other relevant academic background.
- Prior experience conducting field research, including conducting surveys, interviews, and focus group discussions would be a plus.
- Familiarity with data collection tools like Qualtrics would be a plus.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to track and record projects progress through to completion
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, in both English and Kinyarwanda
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills in a rapidly moving environment
- Passionate about YLabs’ mission to design solutions with youth that measurably and meaningfully improve their lives.
- An organized and prioritization pro, who is proactive and flexible. Excited to help implement an innovative program for young people in Rwanda.
- Enthusiastic to work as part of a dynamic and supportive multi-disciplinary team of designers, public health specialists, writers, and evaluation experts.
- A natural collaborator who understands how to build strong relationships across the organization.
- Adaptable, optimistic, and flexible when faced with changing circumstances and challenges
- Willing to work flexible hours and weekends during data collection.
This role will be based out of the YLabs Rwanda office.
YLabs adheres to Project Fair’s principles and standards to establish equity in pay with the
overriding principle of “equal pay for work of equal value” outlined in the Sustainable Development
Goals. All salary ranges are based on level within the organization and are competitive to regional
and national salary benchmarks, based on the respective office location.
The salary range for this position is gross RF6,250,000 – RF11,000,000 per year, commensurate
To apply, send a resume, brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Project Intern, CyberRwanda”.
This posting will be open from March 9-March 31, 2023. Once the application period closes, all applications will be reviewed by our Hiring Committee. YLabs recognizes the effort that goes into submitting an application; all candidates will be notified of their application status once the hiring process begins.
All YLabs offers of employment are conditional on satisfactory background check and criminal record clearances.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com