University of Dundee
University of Dundee 2023 Steve Weston and Trust International Scholarship for Postgraduate Students: (Deadline 31 May 2023)
The University of Dundee is proud to offer the Steve Weston International funding for outstanding students in the UK for the academic year 2022-2023
This scholarship is open for postgraduate degree programme for 2023 entry.The Institution of Dundee is a public research university in Dundee, Scotland, that was founded in 1881. The university’s aim is to improve people’s lives locally and worldwide by creating, sharing, and applying knowledge.
About University of Dundee
The University of Dundee (abbreviated as Dund. for post-nominals) is a public research university based in the city and Royal burgh of Dundee on the east coast of the central Lowlands of Scotland. It is consistently ranked within the Top 250 universities in the world and inside the Top 100 for some subject areas. It is also in the list of 39 elite UK universities, which includes the 22 non-Oxbridge universities of the Russell Group.
Steve Weston and Trust International Scholarship
- Type Postgraduate
- Organisation University of Dundee
- Country to study–
- School to study University of Dundee
- Course to study Not specified
- State of Origin
- Gender Men and Women
- Application Deadline May 31, 2023
Aim and Benefits of Steve Weston and Trust International Scholarship
The awards will offer each candidate:
- Payment of academic tuition fees (fees for 2023-24 to be confirmed)
- 12 monthly stipends for living expenses for a single student (£12,600 over 12 monthly payments at £1,050 per month)
- An arrival allowance (£750) and thesis/internship report allowance (£580)
Requirements for Steve Weston and Trust International Scholarship Qualification
To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must:
- Already hold an Honours degree in Law, Economics, Geology, Petroleum, or mining Engineering, Finance at 2nd class upper level or above. Consideration will also be given to applicants with other academic backgrounds who clearly explain their motivation for undertaking the relevant LLM, outlining any relevant legal work experience.
- Hold an offer for September 2023 for LLM in International Mineral Law and Policy or LLM in International Oil and Gas Law and Policy.
- Be able to demonstrate compliance with the University of Dundee English entry requirements.
- Display intellectual ability and leadership potential.
- Have a proven track record and potential to rise to positions of influence.
- Preferably be qualified lawyers having had some post-degree work experience in energy or natural resource development in the government, private sector, or academia.
- Go on to complete the degree within 12 months. Students from overseas are expected to return to their home country at the end of the period of study.
Interview date, Process and Venue for Steve Weston and Trust International Scholarship
The decision about the awards of these Scholarships will be made by the end of June 2023. If you have not heard from us by this time, then please assume that your application for the Scholarship has been unsuccessful. Due to the volume of applications we receive for these Scholarships, we regret that we are unable to contact unsuccessful applicants individually or provide feedback on applications.
Documents Required for Application
- Updated CV
- A 500-word Personal Statement
Your Personal Statement should emphasise the following points:
- Your ability to make a difference in the world, illustrated by your leadership qualities
- Your skills in communications and the ability to influence people and decisions
- Your networking ability, ambition and plans for the future
- Your academic background and potential on the LLM degree programme, your strength of character and integrity
- Your outside interests – i.e. hobbies and activities
May 31, 2023
How to Apply
There is no separate application form for the Steve Weston Scholarship.
Candidates who are offered unconditional admission to the full-time LLM in Mineral Law and Policy/LLM in International Oil and Gas Law programmes should provide a 500-word Personal Statement and their updated CV to be sent by email attachment to Alison Anderson email@example.com.
For more details,visit University of Dundee website
To apply for this job please visit www.dundee.ac.uk.